AIOU B.A Admission criteria (B.A General, B.Com, B.A Library & Information Sciences and B.A Mass Communication)
The admission criteria to get admission in B.A level programs is given below: To get admission in any Bachelor Degree Program of Allama Iqbal Open University the first prerequisite condition is you must already passed all compulsory courses including English in Higher Secondary School Certificate (F.A, F.Sc Exams) and also in your Secondary School Certificate Exam (Matric). Other requirements are also shared here:
- AIOU will not grant admission on provisional certificates issued by schools and colleges. Moreover web results print out will not be accepted for the purpose of admission. Intersected candidates who want to get admission in AIOU B.A level programs are required to attach attested photocopies of F.A/F.Sc Certificates or attested copies of result card issued by any HEC recognize university or board.
- Candidates having certificates in Sanwia e Aama / Fazil Arabi / Urdu etc are required to attach (Equivalence Certificate) issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) with the admission form. Students must write name of group and courses with course codes of their choice as group and courses will not be changes once the admission would be finalized.
- Graduate from Allama Iqbal Open University as well as other universities can take admission additionally in any one or more courses. The university will not issued bachelor degree to such students however if they successfully cleared courses then the university will issue them additional pass certificates for particular courses.
- Students who cleared HSC level exam from AIOU are required to attach attested photo copy of provisional or F.A, F.Sc Certificate with the admission form. (Admission will not allowed on result cards copies).
- Non Muslims students are required to take Ethics as Compulsory subject instead of Islamiat which is compulsory for Muslim Students. Non-Muslim could not take Islamiat and Muslim could not take Ethics as Half credit course in their bachelor degree program.
- Candidates who are taking admission for the first time are required to deposit registration fee also alongwith admission fee otherwise admission will not be granted. However students who already deposited registration fee not required to deposit again.
- Incomplete admission forms will not be considered and returned back to the students duly highlight objections. Students will require completing all requirements and removing objections after that university will give admission in the next semester. Therefore to save time please carefully read all instructions given on admission form and prospectus and filled up the form properly and attached all required documents and again review it properly and then send it to the university otherwise you will be responsible if your admission form rejected by the AIOU due to any shortfall.
- As the admission got finalized and books dispatched to the students the admission will not be cancelled and fee will not be refunded.
AIOU B.A Admission criteria (B.A Dars e Nizami Group):
- Sanwia Khasa & Intermediate with English or Dars e Nizami Intermediate level course must be passed before to to get admission in B.A Dars e Nizami (Shahadat ul Aalia) program. Attached attested photocopies of these certificates otherwise admission will not be granted.
- Students who have passed F.A level compulsory papers on the basis of *HEC recognized Deeni Madaris (See List) Degrees and certificates are eligible to get admission in B.A Dars-e-Nizami Program however it is compulsory for them to attached equal to F.A level (Equivalence Certificate) issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) with the admission form. In case of not attaching this IBCC F.A Equivalence certificate admission form will not be considered.
Information and Common instructions for all Bachelors level programs (B.A General, B.Com, B.A Library & Information Sciences and B.A Mass Communication, B.A Dars – e - Nizami)
- Every AIOU Bachelor level program consists of four semesters in which students will study two full credit courses in each semester.
- To get Bachelor Degree students will require passing 8 credit courses or equivalent.
- B.A General Group students have to pass 2 compulsory and 6 elective subjects for successfully completion of bachelor degree.
- Likewise students of B.A Library and Information Sciences and Mass Communication Group must pass 06 Full credit compulsory and 02 Full credit elective courses to get their final bachelor degree.
- All 08 Full credit courses are compulsory in B.Com & B.A (Dars-e-Nizami) program.
- Student of B.Com have to go under 3 months internship in an organization, Bank or reputed industry at the end of last semester exam.
- On depositing some additional fee students of B.Com can take computer courses if facility of computer study centers is available in their areas. Those who chose computer courses have to attend computer classes in the approved study centers. Passing of midterm exam is compulsory with at least 80% of attendance. In the following places facility of computer study centers are available:
- Sindh Province: Karachi, Hyderabad
- Punjab Province: Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan, Chakwal, Attock, Wah Cantt, Gujranwala, Rawalpindi, Sahiwal, Multan, Wehari, Sialkot, Gujrat, Sheikhopura, Dera Ghazi Khan, Layya, Jhang, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Toba Tek Singh, Qasoor, Lahore, Bakkhar
- Balochistan Province: Quetta
- KPK Province: Haripur, Peshawar City, Abbottabad, Peshawar Cantt, Dera Ismail Khan, Mardan, Swat, Manshera
- Islamabad / Northern Areas / Azad Kashmir: Islamabad, Mirupur (AJK), Bhimbar, Jehlum, Muzzaffarabad (AJK)
- AIOU will take exam in its own mode of some subjects that taught in syllabus of Deeni Madris. Some other courses that are not taught in the Madris will be teach by AIOU through distance education being their importance and requirement.
- It is compulsory for all B.A level students to must be passed Englsih Part-I before taking admission in English Paper Part-II. Moreover both these courses could not be taken in one semester.