M.Sc Sociology Admission Criteria- (AIOU) Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad Year 2013
AIOU M.Sc. Sociology programme is spread over 2 year’s program. There are total 04 semesters and the university is opened admissions in MSc. (Sociology) every year. First time admissions were granted in 2001 in this programme by the university. Admissions are granted purely on merit basis. Eligibility criterion and essential information linked to this programme is summarize here:
- Applicant who desire to get admission in M.Sc Sociology must possess at least a 2nd Division Bachelor degree with Sociology.
- A subject related admission test will be conducted and Merit list will be made on the basis of previous results degrees/ certificates and subject based admission test. Admission test is compulsory.
- Merit will be made on the basis of following two components i.e Admission test and Marks obtained in B.A. Final score for selection will be based on assessment the both components with a ratio of 60:40. The admission test will be based on B.A level Sociology in the following order:
- Multiple choice questions (20 marks)
- Two short notes on some basic sociological concepts/issues (5 marks each = 10 marks)
- One descriptive question (10 marks)
General Guidelines / Admission Form Filling Instruction
- Applicants are mandatory to send complete admission forms enclosing attested photocopies of all educations certificates, marks sheet to the department of Sociology, AIOU, Islamabad. Note that Result cards will not be accepted without P.C’s (Pakka Certificates) / Degrees.
- The date and place of their admission test will be informed to the eligible students by a registered mail. Merit will be strictly observed in selection of final candidates. Students who will successfully passed admission test and meet other requirements will be granted admission by the university.
You will found admission form in prospectus. Complete details concerning the programme fee depositing method and banks names where you will deposit fee are also given in the prospectus. Therefore must read it carefully and fill up admission form with full of attention and in light of instructions given in the prospectus.
Prospectus Cost and Availability
One who desire to acquire admission in this program is primarily required to obtain prospectus of M.Sc (Sociology) which is available on Rs. 500/- at the main campus of Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad as well as at the regional offices (See detail) of the university. It is important to read all contents in prospectus and instruction on admission form and fill Admission form carefully.
Fee Tariff for M.Sc Sociology Programme 2013
- Admission Fee is Rs. 700 at the time of admission
- Technology Fee is Rs. 100 Each Semester
- Registration Fee is Rs. 200 (on first time enrollment)
- Course Fee is Rs. 3680 per 06 credit hours course and Rs. 1840 for per 03 Credit hours course
- Thesis fee is Rs. 7475/- (12 credit hours) and Viva Voce Fee is Rs. 1450/-PKR.
In case of any query contact at following telephone No. of Department of Sociology 051-9057806, 051-9250083